Get excited, it’s time to pray.
Corporate prayer is powerful.
Prayer 1) honors God and 2) strengthens your relationship with the people with whom you’re praying, as you 3) ask God to influence the course of events.
Here is the overview and the prayer list for the monthly fast and prayer.
Monthly fast and prayer overview:
- Spend time with God in the morning, read your Bible and pray
- Avoid food and drink (except drink plenty of water) from midnight until 12pm Tuesday (modify as needed)
- When you feel hungry, it’s a reminder to pray
Throughout the morning, pray for:
- Godly government leaders – Pray that God would bless America with Godly officials, judges, and school workers
- Expansion of Christian influence – Ask God to use you and your family to expand His Kingdom in the U.S. and abroad
- People to pray more – Pray that Americans would pray continually (1 Thess. 5:17), and ask God for churches to promote and encourage corporate prayer.
- Carried over from last month: incoming government – Ask God to grant the new administration and transition team 1) knowledge, 2) understanding, 3) wisdom, and 4) discernment; and honesty, integrity, and just governance
Try to pray at least once in the morning:
- Thank you God for your incredible power and might
- Lord, I confess to you my sins and the sins of my country, please forgive them
- God please reveal to me any unconfessed sin in my life
- God please teach me to pray
- Lord please expand my Christian influence to those around me
- Lord please expand the Christian influence of all Christians in America
- God please give us Godly, Christian men and women in all areas of government, both high and low
- God please fill these leaders with Godly wisdom, humility, selflessness, holiness, patience, and purity, and enable them to live above reproach
- Lord please enable the Christian leaders in America and give them favor in the eyes of others
- Lord please strengthen, bless, and fill with joy those being persecuted for your name and the families of those martyred for your name
- Lord, please make every public and private school in America long for your presence; please educate all kids in Godliness; and please raise up Godly superintendents, principals, teachers, maintenance workers, and bus drivers in every school